21 Women Entrepreneur Quotes to Jump-Start Your Business
Women entrepreneurs are achieving ever-greater success in business today. This is coming not just from their making strides within the standard world of business, but from excelling in new areas like crowdfunding.
With more and more successes under their belts, women entrepreneurs are bolder than ever. Thinking about joining in? Start by getting inspired by these 21 women entrepreneur quotes that will change how you think about how to start your business and live your life.
- “I can say unequivocally that every decision we make at Mary Kay Cosmetics is based on the golden rule. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” – Mary Kay Ash, Founder of Mary Kay Cosmetics
- “What’s the worst that could happen? Everyone turned me down; big deal.” – J. K. Rowling, Author
- “I am a woman who came from the cotton fields of the South. From there I was promoted to the washtub. From there I was promoted to the cook kitchen. And from there I promoted myself into the business of manufacturing hair goods and preparations….I have built my own factory on my own ground.” – Madam C.J. Walker, Entrepreneur, Philanthropist, self-made millionaire
- “The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.” – Coco Chanel, Fashion Designer and Founder of Chanel
- “There is no scientific answer for success. You can’t define it. You’ve simply got to live it and do it.” – Anita Roddick, Founder of the Body Shop, Human Rights Activist, and Environmental Campaigner
- “Success is about creating value.” – Candice Carpenter, Co-founder of iVillage
- “I became successful due to several reasons. I never gave up and I never let anyone or anything get in my way. I use the power of positive thinking to tackle obstacles and challenges so they don’t defeat me. Passion for my work and my business is another important reason. I really love my work and I get great satisfaction from it.” – Lillian Vernon, Founder of the Lillian Vernon corporation, Entrepreneur, and Philanthropist
- “You have to be open-minded when those early opportunities present themselves; take advantage of them whether they’re going to make you a lot of money or not.” – Rachael Ray, television personality, Businesswoman, celebrity chef, and Author
- “I have never worked a day in my life without selling. If I believe in something, I sell it, and I sell it hard.” – Estée Lauder, Businesswoman and Co-Founder of Estée Lauder
- “I don’t believe in failure. It’s not failure if you enjoyed the process.” – Oprah Winfrey, media proprietor, talk show host, Actress, Producer, and Philanthropist
- “You’re not in competition with other women. You’re in competition with everyone.” – Tina Fey, Actress, Comedian, Writer, and Producer
- ”The glass ceiling that once limited a woman’s career path has paved a new road towards business ownership, where women can utilize their sharp business acumen while building strong family ties.” – Erica Nicole, who left Corporate America to start YFS Magazine
- “People don’t take opportunities because the timing is bad, the financial side unsecure. Too many people are overanalyzing. Sometimes you just have to go for it.” – Michelle Zatly, Co-founder of SoundFlare
- “Nobody talks about entrepreneurship as a survival, but that’s exactly what it is and what nurtures creative thinking. Running that first shop taught me business is not financial science; it’s about trading: buying and selling.” – Anita Roddick, Founder of The Body Shop
- “A woman with a voice is by definition a strong woman. But the search to find that voice can be remarkably difficult.” – Melinda Gates
- “So often people are working hard at the wrong thing. Working on the right thing is probably more important than working hard.” – Caterina Fake, Co-founder, Flickr
- “Entrepreneurship is the last refuge of the troublemaking individual.” – Natalie Clifford Barney, Playwright, Poet, and Novelist
- “Don’t just stand for the success of other women – insist on it.” – Gail Blanke, President and CEO, Lifedesigns
- “Remember, all the answers you need are inside of you; you only have to become quiet enough to hear them.” – Debbie Ford, Author, speaker, and Founder of the Ford Institute for Integrative Coaching
- “A lot of people are afraid to say what they want. That’s why they don’t get what they want.” – Madonna, Recording Artist, Actress, and Entrepreneur
- “You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist.” – Indira Gandhi, First Indian female Prime Minister, leader of the Indian National Congress
Getting inspired is always the first step on the road to success. When you get further down that road and find yourself looking for great ways to finance your dream business, consider using your accounts receivable to boost your business to the next level.
Related: Business loan
Put FundThrough to work for your business
We help small business owners navigate cash flow hurdles every day. Sign up in just 3 minutes and receive a credit limit approval within a business day.
Get cash flow freedom today